Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2014 CN Tower Stair Climb - 144 Flights Here We Come!

A few coworkers and I made a commitment yesterday that we were going to participate in the 2014 WWF CN Tower Stair Climb.
 
 
The CN Tower is our major landmarks in Toronto and is the 5th tallest building and free standing structure in the world...and we are going to climb the stairs to the top....haha!!

Each year, the World Wildlife Foundation has an event for the public to participate in where you raise money for the World Wildlife Foundation and then climb (run) to the top of the tower. The fastest person did it in 10 minutes last year. 10 freakin' minutes!!! There are 1776 steps, 144 flights of stairs.

My goal is to complete it in 25 minutes (average time is 30 minutes). Training starts now for April! I'm super excited as I love working towards a goal and it's extra fun that I'm doing it with some work friends.

BRING IT ON, CN TOWER.

I will keep you updated on my training regime. HA!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I hear about the climb every year and wonder how many people participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge! 10 minutes.... that's insane! :) Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a ton of stairs! But, it sounds like a great challenge. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you sign up already?? I didn't think sign up for 2014 was open yet.

    I did the climb two years ago. My time was shameful. But it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun! Ten minutes is crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is going to be intense...but lots of time to train! Good luck!! What a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cow!! That's intense - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 25 minutes? WOW! Good luck, that would be an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is awesome! You can totally do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!! I'm super impressed :-) Also, Ten minutes is just insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool!! I'm excited for you! 10 minutes??? That is crazy! I'd be happy just to say I walked it! :)

    ReplyDelete