Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Grocery Shopping Haul

Perhaps I am weird, but I love reading about what other people buy at the grocery store. I think it gives me some new food ideas and allows me to branch out of my normal purchasing behaviour. I have found over the years that I am a very brand loyal person. If I love my Cheerios, I will always buy Cheerios and very rarely deviate away from the norm. Sure, I spice things up every now and then and purchase different foods for new recipes, but for the most part I stick with my tried and true items. 
 
Now that Mr.C is home, my groceries have both doubled and diversified so I thought I'd share with you what it looks like for us. That said, we obviously already had some things on hand that we didn't need to purchase this particular week. I recall that we had quite a few fruits and veggies already on hand, so hence the lack of it in the below.
 
 
 
This photo is for one weeks of groceries. We always get bananas, bread, lettuce, cucumber and juice. We typically always purchase milk as well but we didn't need it this week. Cookies are always a rare item but we decided to treat ourselves. There's some red potatoes, pasta, soup and rice hidden in there as well. There was some salmon on sale so we decided to have that for a change (so good!) as well as some spinach dip. 
 
I think next time (if there is a next time) I do this, I should also share with you my weekly meal plan. It may help make this a more useful post haha!

It's really not all that exciting but I hope you get some ideas. Please please share with me what a grocery shop looks like for YOU!

13 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I kinda love seeing what people buy too?! My grocery cart is pretty much always Greek yogurt, lettuce, red onion, tomato, chicken and frozen veggies. I may splurge on steak or ham if it's on sale. A few random items if I am baking up a new recipe but usually always the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your grocery shopping looks like it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check out other people's carts in the grocery store so seeing pictures of it just makes me happy! Uusallly I always have bread, yogurt, milk, eggs, bananas, salad stuff, whatever meats on sale that week. Pretty basic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grocery shop every other day. I just buy want is needed and love this method of purchasing my groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see what people buy too! And I'm looking for new meals, so please share. This week I've been to the grocery store 3 times but it's because I only buy what I need. I've purchased too many fruits and veggies that go bad when I do huge shopping trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's the Arctic Gardens? Is that pizza I see? I've never found a frozen pizza I actually liked. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing what people buy and their meal plans too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I LOVE seeing other people's groceries. I definitely check out other people's carts while I'm standing in line at the register, so it's good to know I'm not alone! And we always buy lots of bananas too. They don't last long in our house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing what people buy too! I'm always looking to see what other people make for meals. We get in meal ruts, so sharing ideas is so helpful! Are you diligent enough to always have a meal plan? We aren't. It's so time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tend to either do a tiny shopping where i just get a few essentials or i go all out and get a ton of stuff. it would be nice to get on a weekly schedule to keep up with everything.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of those little things I enjoy reading about, too. It gives me some ideas for new things to try, or even reminds me of something that I liked, but somehow forgot for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like seeing what other people buy too! I am all about ground turkey, quinoa and lots of fruit right now. I always throw in some peanut butter and dark chocolate too! Mmmm salmon sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually like that too.. Seeing what other people buy. We get bananas every week too! Also, love your signature :)

    ReplyDelete