Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pasta Alla Checca {Recipe}

Last fall I made a pact with myself that I would try one new recipe a week. I absolutely loved doing this. Some were hits, many were misses but it made me try some new foods, add to my recipe rotation and make nice meals! I continued with this most weeks through the winter months.

Spring and summer hit and life just got too busy and there were better things to be doing after work/on weekends so I sort of jumped off the bandwagon.

A few weekends ago I tried a SUPER easy recipe - Pasta Alla Checca. It sounds fancier than it actually is ;)

I don't have a source for this recipe as I mixed a bunch of recipes together.



Ingredients

Pasta of your choice
Few handfuls of sweet tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
1-2 cloves of garlic
Handful of basil
1/4 cup of olive oil
Fresh Mozzarella cheese

Mix together your tomatoes, olive oil, basil and garlic in a dish. Let it sit for approximately 8 hours at room temperature. This step is key - the longer you let it sit, the tastier it will be. I did mine in the morning before work and it was ready to go when I got home.

Cook pasta according to directions.

Once cooked, immediately toss pasta into the dish you prepared earlier. Mix it all together, sprinkle with mozza and salt and petter.

It is so incredibly easy to make and delicious. It also makes for great leftovers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment