Monday, July 8, 2013

Here Comes the Bride

I had the absolute best weekend celebrating my friend Sarah's wedding.

On Friday after work, a friend and I took the train to Ottawa. We had previously driven to Ottawa for a bachelorette weekend and it took us over 8 hours so we decided to splurge a little more and have a more relaxing trip.

We checked into our hotel and went down to the bride's suite to hang out with her and have some girl time.

We woke up the next morning to gorgeous (and HOT!!!) weather. The venue, Stonefields Heritage Farm was stunning and picture perfect. The ceremony was held under trees with a lovely stone house as the backdrop.





Let me tell you...Sarah looked gorgeous. PERFECT. That's the only way I can describe her.



The ceremony was followed by cocktail hour which was held outdoors by a lovely pool (so tempting to jump in the pool!) where we had the chance to chat with some others from university and meet some of Sarah's childhood friends. This was one of my favourite parts of the day as she has spoken of her childhood friends so much but we had never had the opportunity to meet.

The rest of the evening was held under a tent, lined with candlelit mason jars - so. pretty. Dinner, speeches and then dancing took place (along with some tears!). Tons of dancing. SO much fun. Sidenote - key to having tons of fun at weddings equals wearing flat sandels (especially when it's an outdoor wedding on grass!!). You will thank me later.
 



University roomies!!!






I am over the moon excited for both Johnny and Sarah as they embark on this journey and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to share in this special day with them!!! As I start to get some other (better..as I have no photog skills) back, I may do another post down the road ;)

On that note, it's back to work tomorrow. I am exhausted (and covered in mosquito bites ha!) from the weekend but it was WELL worth it!

How was your weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment