Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

My goodness. We've been getting some serious rain lately. I am at least thankful that it is WARM now. Previously we were getting rain with cold temps which isn't fun, my friends!



Whenever it rains I think about all the cute rainboots, raincoats and umbrellas. I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourite rainy day items:

Pink Hunter boots? Yes please! I actually tried on Hunter boots not too long ago and they were SO heavy. Does anyone else notice that? Perhaps it was just me and my lazy legs.

http://pinterest.com/pin/194851121349519651/
pinterest.com/pin/194851121349519651/
And this is basically the most adorable effort ever - le sigh:
http://pinterest.com/pin/34621490855718372/
I have a trench coat from Zara that I got a few years ago. I wouldn't really call it a raincoat because let's face it, it doesn't have a hood and it's not water repellent but at least it keeps me semi dry. Here is a similiar coat to the one I have:

http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/coats/double-breasted-raincoat-c437584p1196320.html
(sidenote: I have no clue if I am doing this whole sourcing thing right...likely not ha!)

Back in university I actually didn't own any sort of rain coat/trench coat. One day in second year, it was POURING rain and I was going to be on campus all day. I literally ran to the mall, randomly bought a North Face coat (90$ - I seriously don't even recall trying it on) and it lasted me up until last year. It then started to fall apart of me. I have since repurchased a North Face black jacket that I use when it's big time rainy. I actually got it at Winners (the equivalent of your TJ Max for all you US people!) for a really great deal. It's definitely not in the "fashion forward" category but it's semi cute and keeps my dry and some days that's all I need!

I always feel like I look like a drowned rat when it's raining. What are your favourite rainy day items? Here's to hoping we see some sun soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment